|Clockwise from the upper left: Jurassic Park; The Fugitive; Cliffhanger; In the Line of Fire. Center: Rising Sun.|
1993 was another solid year just for the sheer number of great films that were released. Look at the Academy Award winners and nominees alone: Best Picture - Schindler's List (winner), The Fugitive, In the Name of the Father, The Piano and The Remains of the Day. Don't forget Philadelphia, What's Love Got to Do With It, What's Eating Gilbert Grape? and Sleepless in Seattle; plus you also had box office favorites Jurassic Park and Mrs. Doubtfire. It was also the year that started the trend of author John Grisham having his novels turn into annual cinematic events.
Here now, courtesy of our friends at boxofficemojo.com, are the top ten domestically grossing films in North America for 1993:
- Jurassic Park - $357 million
- Mrs. Doubtfire - $219.2 million
- The Fugitive - $183.9 million
- The Firm - $158.3 million
- Sleepless in Seattle - $126.7 million
- Indecent Proposal - $106.6 million
- In the Line of Fire - $102.3 million
- The Pelican Brief - $100.8 million
- Schindler's List - $96 million
- Cliffhanger - $84 million
So in looking back at the year that was 1993, here are the reviews we will present this week: 6/15 - True Romance; 6/17 - The Vanishing; 6/19 - Jurassic Park. Thank you for reading and feel free to comment at any time.