|Starting in the upper left corner, going clockwise: The Omen; King Kong; The Enforcer; Silver Streak; in the center: Midway.|
The old D-Box Delorean takes us back to 1976 this week. How much 1976 movie trivia can you answer? Let's start with award season, shall we? Can you name the Academy Award winner for Best Picture in 1976? Rocky beat out films such as All the President's Men, Bound for Glory, Network and Taxi Driver to complete the underdog story. Rocky would also net Academy Awards for it's director, John G. Avildsen. Network would take home all the acting awards except for Jason Robards' win in the Best Supporting Actor category for All the Preseident's Men.
Let's take a look at the top ten domestically grossing films for 1976, as brought to us by worldwideboxoffice.com:
- Rocky - $117.2 million
- To Fly! (documentary) - $86.6 million
- A Star is Born - $80 million
- All the President's Men - $70.6 million
- The Omen - $60.9 million
- In Search of Noah's Ark (documentary) - $55.7 million
- King Kong - $52.6 million
- Silver Streak - $51.1 million
- The Enforcer - $46.2 million
- Midway - $43.2 million
Join us this week and follow along as we review Logan's Run on 6/8, King Kong on 6/10 and The Man Who Fell to Earth on 6/12.